Mobile phones have brought a new revolution in the digital technology. Nowadays everybody is busy on their smartphones. A smartphone of today provides all the possible solutions right from helping people to navigate from one location to other, purchasing some product online, watching movies etc. The number of smartphone users is also increasing day by day.
Many companies have realized the importance of smartphones and so they build a mobile website. There are lots of factors which are considered while building a mobile website. The website on mobile needs to upload faster as compared to a website on the desktop. Actually, website users expect the same browsing experience on mobile which they get on the desktop. The patience level of consumers while accessing a mobile website is very low. A faster mobile website also improves your search engine rankings.
Many websites are built which upload fast. So if your website does not upload fast then you are definitely losing something to the competitors. As per research one in 4 abandons a website if takes more than 4 seconds to upload. Even a one-second improvement in page loading speed can improve your conversion rate by 7 percent. If you are having an ecommerce website then a low-speed website will drastically affect your bottom-line. Below mentioned are some of the factors which should be considered for reducing the mobile page loading time.
- 1. Unnecessary elements in the website which take a longer time to upload must be avoided. Taking help of a professional website designer might help you here. He will tell you which elements can be checked out. Normally images and videos take a longer time to upload. Some images which are of high resolution are a nuisance factor and not every smartphone has 3G or 4G. One smart solution is to use JPG images as they are of less size. For video also you must think whether it is really needed or not. Because of slowing down of the website may increase the bounce rate.
- 2. The storage device of your website must be carefully chosen. Storing data on local servers is always a smart move. It enables your website being partially functional even when the server is down. One can go for Amazon Cloud Front as a content delivery network for storing data.
- 3. The most important part which determines the speed of the website is the ability of the website to fetch the data from the server. That should be minimized and there are numerous tricks to do it. Applying Ajax will help your website to get the data faster thus reducing the website loading time.
- 4. Some websites redirect the users to another web page. This is another nuisance factor for the user. One should avoid redirecting as it wastes another couple of seconds of the user.
- 5. Using HTML and CSS is also a good idea when you want a faster loading time. Through CSS, you get the flexibility of uploading images, animation, videos etc. without any hassles. But if possible one should restrict the usage of high-resolution images. They take more bandwidth for uploading.