Internet has changed the landscape of how businesses are run today. Companies are now able to generate leads online. It is possible to operate business virtually by sitting anywhere in the world. Every company whether big or small has got a website today. So the competition has got fiercer. The small businesses are deploying smart tactics online to make their brand more visible in the market and the big players also cannot afford to miss on having a good online strategy.
SEO is one such tool to gain more visibility online. There are many agencies which provide SEO service in Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi etc. which are the major metros. Apart from SEO there are other online marketing tools such as PPC, Social media management, Email marketing etc. which are useful.
Some companies which provide SEO service in Chennai are also specialized in online reputation management. Online reputation management refers to managing negative reviews posted by customers or people who has some experience with your brand. It can literally destroy your positive brand image which may hamper your business.
There are different methods of handling negative reviews of your online business. They are as mentioned below:
- Suppose the review is because of some unhealthy experience with any of the staff of your company or with your product then the best way of handling it is by apologizing and taking positive steps towards improving the problem areas. The customers should know that you have acknowledged the problem and are taking necessary action.
- The tone of the response should be polite and humble.
- It is always better to take the help of online reputation management companies who are specialized in doing this job. There are lots of sites where a person can vent out his frustrating experience. So these agencies figure out the negative reviews and answer to them on your behalf. Otherwise they simple bring those negative reviews to your notice.
- The companies can invest in social media monitoring tools and get to know about any negative sentiments which are shared online. Google Alert is one such small tool.
- Sometime your competitors themselves post negative comments on your company to tarnish the brand image. Competition in the online space is ugly and some players can deploy negative tactics to stay ahead in the rat race. At such times also advanced social media monitoring tools can prove to be handy. Post knowing about such kind of illegal activity it will be foolish if somebody doesn’t take any action against it. If action is not taken then the competitors may attack you again.
- People sometimes take objection against some remark or post made on behalf of the company. In such a situation it is advisable to remove the post before the matter gets worst.
- If you have no plans to invest in hiring an online reputation management agency or to invest in social media monitoring tool then it is good to atleast consult an industry expert.
At the end of the day one should always remember that any kind of feedback is important to run your business smoothly in the long run.